Brian P. Christie
CEO / Board Director
Brainsy executive totally dedicated to client success. Entrepreneur. Inventor. Start-up advisor and operator.
Brian P.'s proceeds are donated to The Izaak Walton League
|6 minutes (SixFree Call)||$0 (No charge)|
Latest Knowledge Board posts
Start-up executive, adviser, and entrepreneur. Passionate about building innovative companies, cultures, and new business concepts. Functionally focused on new product development, strategy, and deals with a personal bias toward execution and getting things done.
Our team was privileged to share the Expert Calling Network (ECN) concept with President Obama. (Watch the video above). He thought it was "interesting" (his words).
Background on Brainsy Knowledge Sharing Communities and Digital Buyers Guides.
Brainsy, Inc. (formerly Fanaticall, Inc.)
January 2013 - present
CEO of Brainsy, Inc. Brainsy offers a Platform as a Service (PaaS) to power online knowledge-sharing and bounty networks including patented Expert Calling Network (ECN®), Expert Communities Online (ECO), Who’s Who and Digital Buyers Guides. Brainsy offers these services to associations, professional societies, franchisors, membership organizations, and crypto or token sponsors. Brainsy is a portfolio company of TomorrowVentures, an investment firm co-founded by former Google Chairman, Eric Schmidt. More information is at: http://www.brainsy.com
LTVtrade, LLC (Acquired)
March 2012 - December 2015
Board Director for FinTech company seeking to alter the business of residential whole loan mortgage and residential REO trading through the LTVtrade™ Marketplace - an open, accessible, and transparent, secondary market platform which focuses on meeting the needs of the largest and smallest financial institutions, small local funds and savvy accredited investors.
- LTVtrade Technology Platform Acquired by LTV Market, LLC
- LTVtrade Expands Advisory Board with Three Industry Veterans
- The Honorable Michael G. Oxley Joins the LTVtrade Board of Advisors
- LTVtrade Adds Diane Casey-Landry to its Board of Advisors
- NASDAQ Vice-Chair, Meyer "Sandy" Frucher Joins the LTVtrade Board of Advisors
October 2010 - December 2017
Board Director for company that advises, incubates, and / or invests in innovative start-up, early stage, or global companies seeking to bring innovative products and services to market.
VP, Business Alliances
Promontory Interfinancial Network
December 2002 - October 2010
- VP at B2B2C FinTech company offering innovative services to 3,000+ banking and financial service sector clients. Joined Promontory prior to launch of its first service - the Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service (CDARS).
- Direct report to company CEO and responsible for developing and managing a pipeline and portfolio of alliances that would support the company’s goals to:
- a) enhance brand equity;
- b) increase size of company client base;
- c) increase volume of client transactions; or
- d) develop new revenue streams.
- Collaborated with functional heads across the organization to evaluate, pilot and implement new initiatives.
- Negotiated and closed more than 80 alliances for the company, including with leading national and state level banking trade associations.
- One of the lead developers of the “$1 Billion Gulf Coast Rebuilding Challenge“ -- an initiative to channel private sector funding into community banks in the hurricane stricken regions of the Gulf coast after 2005 and the “Banking on Communities” initiative – a collaborative effort with the Community Development Bankers Association (CDBA) and Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) to channel $2 billion annually into America’s most economically distressed communities (Read about the Launch of the program on SocialFunds)
Advisory Board Member
August 2007 - August 2010
Advisory Board Member of nationwide 4G Wireless new entrant seeking to offer American consumers nationwide free wireless broadband and which raised over $20 million in equity and over $100 million in contingent equity capital. Investors included: Kleiner Perkins, Charles River Ventures, Redpoint Ventures and DirectTV.
M2Z offered a bold plan (ultimately rejected by the FCC) to close the digital divide and bring wireless broadband access to underserved communities across America.
Advisory Board Member
February 2002 - December 2006
Board Advisor to TMA Solutions: software outsourcing company during growth from 100 to 900+ employees.
President & Co-founder
quantumStream Systems Inc.
December 1999 - November 2002
Co-founder of Internet infrastructure and digital content distribution company.
Director for Asia Pacific
Kenan Institute for Private Enterprise
June 1994 - December 1999
Managed program forging US-Asian JVs, projects, and consortiums including the formation of the Kenan Institute Asia (a successor to the USAID bilateral mission) and the American Corporations for Thailand (ACT); an initiative chaired at formation by former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger and former Thai Prime Minister Anand Panyarachun.
WorldTeach Volunteer (Thailand)
Harvard Center for International Development
August 1990 - May 1992
Taught various classes at teacher’s college and developed curriculum for Thai college English department.
Malaysian Red Crescent Society
June 1987 - August 1987
Volunteer teacher (summer) at refugee camp for Laotian, Vietnamese, and Cambodian refugees before their resettlement in third countries.
Advisory Board Member
January 2018 - present
Dao Ventures is a Sino-U.S., cross-border group of impact-oriented companies and affiliates encompassing ACBridge Global Advisors, ACBridge Capital Advisors, China Impact Fund, New Ventures Global, and its affiliate not-for-profit program Green Startups Accelerator (formerly New Ventures China) housed at the Beijing-based Institute for Environment and Development. Via its myriad entities and services, Dao Ventures' focus is to support small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) primarily in the environmental and technology sectors whose businesses, technologies and/or products can have a positive impact on China.
Advisory Board Council Member
Crowdfunding Professional Association (CfPA)
May 2018 - present
The Crowdfunding Professional Association (CfPA) is dedicated to facilitating a vibrant, credible and growing crowdfunding community. CfPA serves a range of stakeholders including students, entrepreneurs, business owners, investors and crowdfunding platforms seeking professionalism in this industry and to help ensure the crowdfunding industry continues to develop in a responsible, transparent and credible manner. Emerging issues related to #blockchain and #TAO (tokenized asset offerings) and the associated regulation are becoming increasingly important to the crowdfunding community.
Georgetown University - The McDonough School of Business
1992 - 1994
1986 - 1990
Scholar-Athlete Citation (Track)
Electronic Communications System for Multinodal Expert Networks
Electronic Communications System for Multinodal Expert Networks An electronic communication system enables one or multiple parties to aggregate one or multiple experts under one or multiple brand identities and to make each unique identity publicly or privately accessible to other entities seeking to access individual or aggregated experts on a free or paid basis. This system allows one single operator to effectively power hundreds or thousands of custom branded and independently owned expert networks deployed by different network sponsors.